The purpose of the West Sand Lake Fire Department as an organization is extinguishing and preventing fires, as well as protecting life during fire, medical and other emergency situations.
We are 100% operated by volunteers.
Please consider volunteering, we need your help.
Benefits of membership:
- Free training
- Attendance awards
- LOSAP – retirement plan
- Yearly physicals at no cost to the member
- New in 2008 – NYS $200 income tax credit
- Annual Banquet and family picnics
- Rec Room at Fire Hall
Requirements for Active Membership:
- Applicants must be at least 16 years of age. (Applicants under 18 years of age must have parental consent and agree to the requirements of student membership.)
- Good moral character.
- Must reside within the West Sand Lake Fire District or within a 4 mile radius of our station.
- Complete and pass a full physical examination provided by the department free of charge.
There are Three Types of Membership:
Active members are responsible to for the extingishment and the prevention of fire. As well as, assisting during medical emergencies. They accomplish this through:
- Training for different areas of the Fire Service: ie – Fire Police, Emergency Medical Technician, Interior Firefighter, Exterior Firefighter, Driver, Pump Operator.
Associate members are responsible for furthering the social, fraternal and firematic goals of the organization. They accomplish this through:
- Fundraising for fire company expenses for capital contributions to fire fighting equipment and building capital improvements.
- Maintain and upkeep the fire hall and equipment.
Ladies and Junior Auxiliary are responsible for furthering the social and fraternal goals of the organization.
- Fundraising for fire hall upkeep and to assist Fire Company with equipment purchases.
- Maintain equipment and supplies in the Fire Hall kitchen.
- Perform, and maintain supplies for “Code 100” refreshments for firefighters.
To Join our ranks:
Stop by our station:
Monthly meetings are held the first Thursday of every month at 7pm.
Training held every Tuesday at 7pm.
For more information call:
518-674-5757 and leave a message for the chief